Saturday, May 29, 2010

First post

Writing the first post of a blog is rather strange: nobody will read it for long time, and maybe nobody will ever read it. Anyway, let's go.

The purpose of this blog is to describe the process of creation of a new accounting program. I already wrote other accounting programs, but this time I have different requirements.
  • Multi platform. The program must run under Windows (of course), Linux and OS X. It will even be possible to mix clients with different operating systems in a network.
  • Long life. This program must last a very long time, so that I will not have to rewrite it again. This means that I do not want to use proprietary tools, which are subject to change. I will use mainly open source software for this project.
As you can image, this requirements will reduce a lot the available choices.

I am working at this project since some time, so I learned a lot of interesting things. I do not want to forget them, and other people might find them useful, so I will use this blog to save those information.

No comments:

Post a Comment